- Conduct assurance reviews, technical audits and review of rock engineering reports and COPs.
- Conduct coaching and training of rock engineering personnel.
- Technical support and ensuring good corporate governance within Rock Engineering discipline.
- Draft and review group standards and procedures.
- Provide technical input into support and mine designs, extraction strategies
- Specialist skills in geotechnical engineering and numerical modelling application and interpretation.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Relevant BSc degree or equivalent
- Chamber of Mines Certificate in Rock Engineering or equivalent
- Ten to Fifteen years post qualification experience in mining rock engineering – in essence the role requires a “seasoned RE professional” with comprehensive knowledge and broad experience in the field;
- Thorough understanding of mine rock engineering principles and associated best practice;
- Management level: Business communication & understanding; people management; employee relations; safety and health and general mining knowledge;
- Well experienced in technical RE management at a senior level for an number of years;
- Must be someone who will hold to account and deliver what is required – to brief and time.
- Computer skills for role.
- Higher degree and/or Business qualification NQF level 6 will be advantageous.
- Higher RE qualification advantageous.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A