Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
- Monitor and report on implementation of codes of practice based on risk assessments and systems audits.
- Meet the relevant MHSC milestone requirement(s) for leading practice implementation.
- Monitor and report on audits and investigations.
- Investigate any explosives related incident / accident.
- Oversee civil blasting or construction blasting within legal framework.
- Ensure correct and safe transport, storage and handling of Explosives
- Monitor and report on searches conducted for unsecured/abandoned explosives and accessories.
- Actively support and meaningfully participate in the execution of the segment specific organisational development plan. This support will manifest in the targeted shift in culture as described by a valid culture assessment.
- Ensure statutory compliance.
- Maintain and comply with SHE standards within the work
- Submit reports for the operation to Responsible Person Explosives / MHSA 3.1 / MHSA 4.1 appointees.
- Ensure surface destruction is done on all recovered old explosives and old accessories.
- Have a valid driver’s License
- Be computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant
- Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a Destruction Blaster registration (SAPS CIE) or a Metalliferous Mining Blasting certificate.
- possession of a NQF 4 (National Senior Certificate or Grade 12 or National Senior Certificate for Adults) qualification.
- Have At least 3 years’ related experience in the SAPS or the mining environment, of which 1 year should have been in a supervisory position.
- Be in a Magazine master registration (SAPS CIE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mbombela, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A