Siemens develops and deploys management information and operations management software for the mining industry. We are looking for an experienced professional to lead an international project team developing an integrated operations intelligence platform for a leading multinational mining company.
- Support the overall Project Manager with the technical management of Operations Intelligence System, including performance reporting and change management
- The Engineering Manager is responsible for the efficient delivery of numerous operations intelligence dashboards across multiple mining operations globally by effectively coordinating the activities of an international development team.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, technical proposals, design, development and roll-out of complex reporting projects.
- Be the main contact for the customer in terms of technical topics.
- Documentation of technical project progress.
- Be the technical coordinator of the Operations Intelligence System consisting of various sub-contractors in the project execution phase.
- Responsible to establish engineering processes and systems within the Operations Intelligence Systems team to support the execution of the
- Project based on agile delivery techniques.
- Continuous interaction with customer stakeholders
- Establish and maintain proper engineering processes to ensure system stability and performance.
- Experience communicating to senior management via presentations and status reports
- Experience in managing large teams (+- 20 developers) remotely.
- Experience in mining processes (open-pit) will be an advantage
- Good understanding of agile software development principles
- Ability to keep yourself and your teams focused on production
- Must have a good understanding of Business Intelligence/Visualization Projects (i.e. Dashboards) and basic project management with a minimum of 5 years of experience in such projects.
- Basic knowledge of project management.
- Software design & development experience covering a wide range of operations intelligence systems and applications (i.e. Power Bi, Siemens XHQ, SQL), as well as in integration with common industrial data sources (e.g. PIMS, LIMS, MES).
- Minimum 5 years working experience in implementation of Information Technology solutions.
- Relevant qualification in Information Technology, Software Engineering and/or Industrial Engineering.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A