The Shift Manager has complete responsibility for inbound and outbound functional processes within the fulfillment centre. You’re required to manage all aspects of stock handling from receipt from suppliers to dispatch to customers. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with takealot’s explosive growth, while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven and fast-moving e-commerce environment.
- Operate an efficient Distribution Centre by identifying, implementing and managing optimal processes and procedures, to minimise costs and maximize working capital.
- Management of resource to be effective and efficient at lowest cost and according to changing needs
- Measure and manage staff performance through formal staff appraisals, development, coaching and disciplinary procedures.
- Effective management of housekeeping.
- Ensure that warehouse space, equipment and warehouse flow is optimized and that future warehouse requirements are planned.
- Management reporting in terms of operational performance, productivity, stock control and budgets.
- Ensure that all business processes, procedures and job profiles are documented and updated.
- Overall management and coordination of all warehousing functions.
- Manage customer liaison process and ensure that warehouse queries are resolved timeously and exception trends are addressed.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly planning is done for all warehousing operations and manage adherence to plan.
- Ensure stock accuracy through disciplined stock control and implement stock accuracy improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for efficiently managing all aspects of stock handling from receipt from suppliers to dispatch to customers including the returns department.
- Effective leadership and direction for the operation team through involvement and communication to deliver on the relevant key business drivers.
- Manage projects according to stipulated time frames.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Experience in working with budgets and cost analysis.
- Well-developed business and operational acumen
- Strong communications skills
- Relevant tertiary education
- Analytically minded and able to find and use data to inform decision making
- E-commerce experience
- Performance management skills –knowledge of Industrial Relations and practices
- LEAN or continuous improvement
- Strong Customer Service orientation Goal orientated and motivated to succeed
- Ability to motivate and inspire others a must
- Self-starter with high energy levels a must
- ERP systems knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- A structured and disciplined management style
- 5+ years’ experience in directly and indirectly managing people to deliver continuous improvement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A