Website University of Cape Town
The main purpose of this position is to provide a generalist comprehensive, proactive and integrated HR business partnering advisory service to line management and employees in a higher education environment. We seek to appoint a hands-on individual who thrives on challenges, works well under pressure, finds creative and innovative solutions to problems, and is customer-focused in a complex environment.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with line managers, staff, internal and external HR partners.
- Undertake specific projects, in consultation with line management, to facilitate HR activities and enhance client service.
- Provide timeous and relevant HR management information, data analytics and reports.
- Provide strategic partnering, change management and operational expertise to the Faculty/Support Sector.
- Advise line managers on Employee Relations policy, process and procedure as it pertains to disciplinary, grievance, restructuring, incapacity, conciliation, mediation, arbitration and compilation of evidence required for all these processes.
- Advising, coaching and supporting line managers and staff on the full range of HR functions and services such as: performance management, recruitment and selection, job evaluation, remuneration and benefits, induction, development and training, staff wellness, organizational design and academic probation – to ensure consistency with relevant legislation and UCT HR policy and procedures.
- Provide leadership and guidelines to the Faculty/PASS leadership about Human Resources strategy, policies and implementation.
- Proactively managing projects and change management initiatives.
- A 3-year National Diploma in Human Resources and/or Industrial Psychology or related field
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Capable of creating and managing well defined project plans which ensure that objectives, initiatives and activities stand the best possible chance of success.
- Five (5) years generalist human resources experience within the business partnering environment
- Knowledge of SAP HR.
- SABPP registration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience within the Higher Education environment
- Previous experience in human resources, professional development and training
- Current, in-depth knowledge with experience of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management, including workers’ compensation, union relations, and employment laws
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A