Website University of Cape Town
The Disability Service unit within the University of Cape Town (UCT), a section within the Office for Inclusivity & Change situated in the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Transformation portfolio, is seeking to appoint a skilled Clinical Psychologist. .
The main purpose of this role is to facilitate the necessary accommodations for students with Specific Learning Disabilities and Psychosocial Disabilities to ensure efficient functioning within a complex Higher Education Environment.
The ideal candidate will meet the requirements below and have a strong interest in students and have an empathic attitude towards them.
- Provide short term psycho-educational support for students registered with the Disability Service.
- Be personally accountable and committed to the students as clients.
- Manage the exam concession applications for students who present at the Disability Service (DS).
- Provide information and support for staff in respect of the provision of accommodations for students registered with the Disability Service.
- Manage the psychometry programme within the Disability Service.
- Full participation in the development of the component of the Mental Health policy that relates to access to time and other concessions for students with mental health concerns
- Undertake matters relating to students registered with the Disability Service on the grounds of Specific Learning Disabilities and disabilities related to psychological conditions.
- Experience in working with adolescence and/ or young adults
- Ability to handle confidential records with integrity
- Masters’ qualification in Clinical Psychology (NQF9)
- Institutional knowledge of the functioning of a university
- Ability to sensitively engage students on matters of mental health in forums and similar settings
- Experience in cross cultural testing
- Demonstrated people management skills & experience.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a variety of presenting problems.
- Current registration with the HPCSA as a Clinical Psychologist with Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Must be able to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Sound interpersonal relationship skills.
- A minimum of four years’ work experience as a registered psychologist with expertise in in the following fields: Diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions; Diagnosis and management of Specific Learning Disabilities; Competence in psychometric assessment
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A