Website University of Cape Town
The main purpose of this position is to coordinate and provide administrative operations support of the Careers Service (CS) program, corporate events, and departmental activities. This involves efficiently managing the daily administration and operational activities and overseeing departmental procurement and financial processes. This post also includes project management responsibilities for the Career Service program, events, project administration, and the rollout of a framework of online monitoring / evaluating & reporting, that will enable the smooth running of the UCT GSB Careers Service and ultimately lead to employers promoting vacancies to students and graduates.
- Employer and student stakeholder engagement coordination, including project, program and events management, communications, marketing, and branding.
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate administrative control systems, protocols and procedures that will enhance the administrative functioning of Careers Service
- Lead administrative and operational activities and functions associated with the Careers Service programming which includes areas within the Careers Service, Employer Relations, and general systems, financial and procurement operations.
- Compile and market resume books to employers engaged with business school student recruitment activities.
- Processing of relevant financial and procurement documents with internal and external departmental stakeholders
- Compilation of demographic reports and administration of career surveys and employment data gathering for reporting purposes, including audit communications trail.
- Coordination and communication of UCT GSB Get Highered, online Careers Portal, job postings, digital recruitment, and employability resources.
- Logistical Coordination and administration of annual business school Careers Service program activities for all students i.e., administration of career assessments, career workshops, career coaching and mentoring initiatives.
- Efficient administration of procurement process and financial administration support, cost quotation and budget comparison as related to careers events and program delivery
- Development and deployment of annual events calendar and marketing / communications plan, indicating timelines for career fairs, conferences, expos, industry talks, alumni career talks and on campus recruitment presentations.
- Excellent stakeholder communication and engagement skills and the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- At least 4-years’ experience working in an administrative and/or advisory support role within careers service or operations environment, alternatively 5-years in talent and event management as well as exposure to recruitment and project management / program co-ordination.
- NQF 5 level qualification
- Proven experience in planning and organizing
- The ability to exercise judgement, problem solve and be analytical
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A