Website University of Cape Town
The purpose of this post is to support the Manager of Global Short Academic Programmes in providing a strategic development of market related innovative short academic programmes, building partnerships for long term sustainable programmes within a shorttime frame, curriculum development in liaison with academics to support the partner’s needs and developing short term programmes marketing strategy.
- Researching and database management of short-term programmes including internships, community engagement and service-learning programmes.
- Developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation processes for each programme.
- Conducting needs assessments and working with other UCT stakeholders to develop programmes to meet the identified needs.
- Developing and designing sustainable programmes for target driven clientele within deliverable timeframes.
- Developing budgets for each programme, monitoring expenditure, and overseeing the financial administration for each programme, including creating a surplus.
- Preparing marketing materials and narrative reports on activities and programmes.
- Explore new markets by conducting market research for new short-term programmes development.
- Performing other tasks as assigned by the Manager: Global Short Academic Programmes (GSAP).
- Providing support and input to the Manager: GSAP to develop and implement strategic and operational plans for the unit.
- Client relations: Building and maintaining strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and actively promote the programmes to raise the profile of UCT.
- Strong international networks for international short programmes.
- Journalistic and Editing proficiency.
- Excellence and proficiency in a systems management as well as database management system (e.g., Peoplesoft, CRM system and SAP).
- High level of creativity, agility, and flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of internationalisation.
- An honours degree (NQF 8 level or above) in business, administrative or project management qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ recent and relevant work experience with similar responsibilities as sought for this position of which
- 2 years’ must be proven short-term educational programme development in an international organisation/embassy or higher education environment.
- Proven project management experience.
- Proven business skills to ensure growth and development of short programmes and student numbers.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the University environment, curricula development, and an understanding of the international credit systems;
- Excellent analytical, organisational, problem-solving and leadership skills;
- Strong relationship building, client service skills coupled with an understanding of the public relations impact and adherence to policy and legal/governance requirements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a commitment to excellent client service in a cross-cultural environment.
- Sound public relations and marketing experience in the design of marketing materials, website management and excellent knowledge of social media and relevant platforms;
- High level of computer literacy, database management and advanced proficiency in MS Office, financial systems, advanced EXCEL and PowerPoint high knowledge and aptitude for systems and processes;
- The ability to maintain stakeholder relations whilst adhering to policy and legal/governance requirements
- High level of creativity, integrity, understanding of cultural sensitivity and emotional intelligence.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise work appropriately, work under pressure, independently and accurately with minimal supervision and to manage teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail, report writing, good presentation skills and an uncompromising attitude to meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Must have sufficient flexibility to work additional hours and on weekends and respond to student emergencies after hours as necessary;
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle.
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A