Website University of Cape Town
The principal areas of responsibility of the Operations Co-ordinator includes ensuring smooth and effective rendering of services relevant to day-to-day operations, to UCT’s entrepreneurship ecosystems and to optimising stakeholder Communications.
The ideal candidate will have experience in effectively attending to issues typical to day-to-day Operations of a busy and multi-faceted, service-oriented Department, will have experience of utilising planning tools for project management, will be comfortable navigating and understanding the basics of IT-based systems, will be interested in optimising physical space usage and will have experience in successful engagement with diverse stakeholders.
- Clear and consistent high-quality process design contributions are made to ensure the successful implementation of departmental strategies.
- CS is a safe environment to work in and UCT’s policy and guidelines are adhered to.
- The CS office is student and client ready always and it is utilised optimally.
- Data is collated from all relevant platforms, readily available, easy to analyse and interpret, and the resulting information timeously and regularly disseminated.
- High quality services are provided to Student Entrepreneurs in areas such as communication, logistics, identifying skills development needs, reporting and information sharing.
- Internal CS operational needs are met efficiently and cost effectively ensuring both sustainability and impact.
- Seamless departmental management and processing of all administrative compliance is achieved.
- The Head: Sustainability and Impact is proactively supported to ensure that platforms are kept relevant and appealing to students.
- Familiarity with Tertiary or Higher Education environments
- Demonstrated ability to project manage effectively, administer HR and Finance processes and keep track of policy and procedure updates
- A relevant NQF 6 qualification in Business Management or similar
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with CRM or similar systems with the ability to troubleshoot.
- Ease with digital tools – software and hardware (including digital communication tools)
- Knowledge of SAP reporting
- Applied knowledge of project management tools
- At least 5 years’ experience, of which 3 years need to be at mid-level, in an Operational support services role as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate, design and maintain optimal virtual and physical working spaces and system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some knowledge of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of large institutional financial administration and reporting protocols
- Experience in implementing communications and marketing strategy
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working with young Entrepreneurs in any environment
- Basic understanding of social media best practices
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A