Website University of Johannesburg
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
- Prepare relevant information security reports and documentation.
- Integrate information security throughout the solutions or system life cycle
- Evaluate and recommend new information security technologies and countermeasures against threats to information or privacy and developing security reports and dashboards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve information security related incidents.
- Assist with cybersecurity and ICT governance related audits and third-party penetration tests.
- Deploy, support, maintain and monitor various cloud-based and on-prem information security solutions
- Respond to internal and external audit findings related to cybersecurity and ICT governance
- Communicate the system status and keep users informed of downtime or changes to the system.
- Ensure compliance to the UJ Information Security and ICT governance framework, including maintaining related policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Analyze existing security systems and make recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Assist with investigations and coordinating the resolution of security incidents.
- Conduct cybersecurity vulnerability scans and risk assessments on a regular basis.
- Ensure effective staff training programs are in place to increase security awareness across the Company
- Excellent knowledge of cloud technologies, information security technology such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), data leakage protection (DLP), access management, anti-malware, and SIEM technologies.
- Analysing and optimizing existing security problem.
- Ability to effectively document solutions, process and procedure.
- Complete own training and development objectives as per agreed timelines in the personal development plan.
- Relevant Security Courses is an advantage.
- Good understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and protocols, as well as best practice security products.
- Working experience in the Higher Education sector
- Security , SSCP, CEH, CISM, CISSP or similar information security professional certifications
- Relevant Information Technology Qualification (NQF Level 7). (B-Tech or Degree)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- 3 – 6 years of experience in Information Security field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving ability/logical thinker..
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of various Information security domains
- Knowledge of current cyber security threat landscape, risks and protocols
- Strong desire to learn and deploy new security technologies and processes.
- Ability to understand security requirements.
- Pay attention to detail and solution orientated.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A