Website University of Johannesburg
The position is responsible for the governance responsibilities of the Unit that includes Monitoring and Evaluation, policy development, writing reports and proposals. The incumbent also manages the staff responsible for Culture, Diversity and Inclusion and provides support to the Gender Equity Office and the Office Coordinator
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of progress in terms of institutional plans such as the Institutional Transformation Plan, Employment Equity Plan for compliance requirements.
- Research to stay abreast of developments in the field of transformation in the South African context, with special focus on Culture, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Regularly conduct focus groups on all four campuses to measure institutional culture.
- Benchmarking with other institutions nationally and internationally to ensure the Institution responds effectively to the Higher Education Transformation Agenda.
- Manage staff responsible for the Culture, Diversity and Inclusion focus area.
- Assuming the overall responsibility for preparing for the Annual Transformation Report and the bi-annual Social Inclusion reports to DHET.
- Manage and execute transformational change management strategies and process.
- Responsible for the Budget and financial management of the Unit.
- Lead the Ethics strategy implementation and embedding of the ethics operational plan.
- Leverage diversity experience and mentoring capabilities to increase cultural dexterity in the Institution.
- Review UJ values.
- Preparing reports, proposal and other documents for submission to MEC, IF, Senate, HRSEC and Council.
- Playing a lead role in the development and implementation of the Unit’s transformation strategy and operating plan.
- Ensure the revision of these plans when the cycle period is over.
- Oversee general management of the Unit.
- Roll-out Ethics Training to all UJ employees and students.
- Postgraduate qualification (NQF 8).
- Public relations skill
- Conflict resolution
- 5 years’ Transformation experience.
- 3 years’ experience must be at Senior Management level.
- Computer literacy
- Have a very good understanding of South African Labour Law, particularly the Employment Equity Act
- Understanding of the Strategic Objectives of the University
- Identifying opportunities
- An understanding of the Higher Education framework and the HE Transformation Agenda
- Have a good understanding of Policies and procedures of the University and Department
- Relationship building skill
- Experience in managing a transformation programme in a large, diverse organisation
- Attention to detail
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A