Website University of Johannesburg
The Specialist: IT Problem and Configuration is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the problem and configuration processes and policy. The Problem and Configuration specialist is a member of the IT Service Delivery management team whose mission is to provide uninterrupted client services and IT support. The Problem and Configuration specialist will primarily manage the problem and configuration processes; whilst contributing to other IT service management processes, functions, and overall IT service delivery.
- Develop and document the naming conventions for IT assets and agree with the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure reports are produced to communicate the progress in resolving major IT problems and monitor the continuing impact of IT problems not resolved.
- Update and enforce IT problem and configuration management processes.
- Build documentation and training for all IT staff.
- Propose and agree on interfaces with change management, problem management, network management, release management and computer operations.
- Assist in documenting the capacity and availability plans with IT Service Owners.
- Create and manage the IT Known Errors Database.
- Manage a continuous service improvement register for IT Service Management.
- Coordinate the identification and resolution of IT problems and, where required, escalate and coordinate resolution with third party suppliers.
- Ensure that IT personnel comply with the configuration management standards for object types, environments, processes, lifecycles, documentation, versions, formats, baselines, releases, and templates.
- Assist in efforts of Availability and Capacity Management.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is updated, e.g. user guides and system documentation, before IT problem closure.
- Participate in efforts to implement ITSM technical solutions necessary to automate processes and support the operation of end-to-end IT services delivery and management processes.
- Develop and deploy a fully operational configuration management system.
- Assist in audit requirements and remediation for the IT Service Management processes.
- Define and control components of services and infrastructure and maintain accurate configuration records.
- Ensure all recurring incidents are linked to an IT problem, and that problem reviews occur to ensure that IT problems are identified.
- Establish a knowledge base for sharing IT problem information.
- 3 years’ experience working with IT Service Management systems
- NQF Level 7 in Information Technology of Computer Science
- 2x of any ITIL Intermediate or Specialist Certifications
- Understanding of IT operations processes and end to end IT infrastructure components/architecture.
- Experience within Higher Education
- Design, evaluate and document processes and lead teams in accomplishing process review and improvement.
- COBIT Foundation Certification
- 5 years’ experience in developing ITSM policy and processes
- ITIL Expert/Managing Professional
- Proficiency in using metrics to measure and model service delivery and drive continuous improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Effective in managing knowledge.
- Adjust to changing priorities while multitasking effectively.
- 5 years’ experience in implementing ITIL best practices in an IT environment
- Strong operational service management knowledge and skills.
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- 5 years’ experience in incident, request fulfilment, change, configuration and service asset, and problem management.
- Analytical demeanour, strong decision-making skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals across all levels of the organisation.
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A