Website North West University
Given the growth in human language technology and Digital Humanities within the Humanities and Social Sciences, the Communication Manager at SADiLaR will play a pivotal
role in communicating with all stakeholders of the Centre as well as ensuring that SADiLaR reaches its goal to be landmarked as a national research infrastructure to support the
developments within these fields. In particular, there is a major focus on developing communities of practice in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To offer support, play an editorial role in overseeing all communication initiatives and activities that are rolled out by the Centre, which includes internal communication within the Centre as well as external stakeholder communication/relations;
- To report on communication activities as part of the yearly DSI reports, evaluation reports of the RI, as well as weekly reporting at management meetings on communication activities;
- To ensure brand visibility of the Centre and align all marketing initiatives with the corporate identity of the Centre;
- To lead and manage communication student assistant(s) and give guidance and manage the communication officer of the Centre.
- To play an active, key role in building networks and fostering communities of practice within the Humanities and Social Sciences;
- To lead, plan and execute communication activities according to the Centre’s mandate and ensure that all activities fall within the SADiLaR strategy;
- Advanced practical knowledge of web design software such as, Adobe Creative Suite, (Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Canva, etc.
- Advanced computer literacy (e.g., MS Windows, Office).
- Experience in science communication writing skills.
- Experience in creating and managing social media presence specifically within the academic / research context.
- Experience in writing public reports.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in web design and layout on various CMS platforms such as Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Experience in the domain of community development and/or management.
- Experience in graphic design with a portfolio available.
- Have advanced language proficiency in order to function optimally in various multilingual environments.
- Effectively liaise and communicate with sponsors, the public, students, and colleagues at various levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in creating and managing social media (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).
- Advanced knowledge of current and expected trends in the domain of digital communication (including online publications).
- An applicable tertiary qualification, NQF5, within the fields of communication and/or marketing.
- Experience in the domain of communication and marketing, corporate branding, and/or events management.
- Effectively liaise, communicate, and be involved in SADiLaR’s diverse community (e.g., as part of ESCALATOR programme, CLARIN User Involvement Activities).
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A