Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To manage and implement Computer Assisted Audit Techniques and Tools (CAATs) and other forensic audit strategies in order to achieve business objectives
- Develop & implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery & efficiency targets, on budget & in partnership with specialised area
- Direct, control, coordinate and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives and deliver agreed results and productivity requirements.
- Contribute to the development of divisional budgets to minimise expenditure aligned with divisional plans
- Create a positive work climate & culture to energise employees & give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service
- Manage effective cost control of the core processes in line with targeted savings
- Draw up a realistic budget aligned to business unit delivery plans, monitor planned vs. actual, minimise expenditure and report on cost efficiency.
- Develop and ensure implementation of practices which builds service delivery excellence and encourages others to provide exceptional client service
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and execute the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation.
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign tactical strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Timeously communicate top down policy and associated single practice area modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders.
- Implement governance, risk and compliance policy in own practice area to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately.
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area
- Ensure the development and implementation of a practice in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks.
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) in Financial Systems/Computer Auditing/Computer Science or related studies AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at junior management level
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alberton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A