Website University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Assessing, evaluating, benchmarking, and expanding the capabilities and offerings of the CRU;
- Setting up, conduct and successful completion of clinical trial related activities and deliverables;
- Supporting the drive to elicit new business from the clinical trials industry;
- Facilitating all training (internal and external) and capacity building initiatives;
- Driving and leading recruitment strategies and plans to meet study requirements and to ensure to trial participants;
- Ensuring compliance with all of the applicable legislation, regulations and guidelines that govern the functioning of the unit;
- Implementing of quality control methods, practices, standards, quality assurance, and quality improvements;
- Cost control within the unit and all vendor contracts for services at the site or unit;
- Managing the total supportive process regarding the site feasibility process when being considered for a new clinical study or for contracted research or trial participation;
- Supervising of all clinical and administrative aspects of a clinical trial within the research unit to ensure the delivery of the required targets and quality;
- Ensuring that the site and facilities provide a safe working environment;
- Staff management, hiring, on boarding, utilization, performance management, etc;
- Both Governance/compliance and quittable access on-boarding new participants to include student research Capacity building;
- Overseeing the CRU site activities to ensure that contracted targets and deliverables are met;
- Managing the relationship with Enterprises UP as the CRU’s business partner.
- Two to five years of experience in setting up, conducting and successful completion of clinical trial related activities and deliverables;
- Advanced proficiency levels in, Regulatory and research ethics knowledge,
- Eight to ten years minimum number of years of for the following, experience in the clinical research setting;
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent (MBA will be an advantage).
- MS Office suite of products (Ms Word, Excel, PP)
- understanding of the global guidelines and regulations that govern the conduct of clinical trials
- Health Sciences Related Degree (BCur OR BPharm OR MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees);
- Planning, conduct and oversight of clinical trials across the entire spectrum of the drug development process, from early-development study, financial and business management
- Proven managerial and leadership skills within clinical research industry. Must have managed a profit centre relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
Company: University of Pretoria
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A