Website Department of Employment and Labour
Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (old Z83) will not be considered. Each application for employment form must be fully completed, duly signed and initialled by the applicant. Failure to fully complete, initial and sign this form may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process. A fully completed, initialled and signed new form Z83 (Section A, B, C and D compulsory and (Section E, F and G ignore if CV attached) and recently updated comprehensive CV (with detailed previous experience) is required. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following the communication from Human Resources and such qualification(s) and other related document(s) will be in line with the requirements of the advert.
- Participate in the development/ review of rehabilitation strategy, policy and protocols in accordance with the legislation framework.
- Establish and maintain relationship with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage early return to work and community re-integration programmes.
- Manage the Disability Management Section.
- Knowledge: DoL and Compensation Fund business strategies and goals, Directorate goals and performance requirements, Compensation Fund Value Chain and business processes, Public Service Regulations, Polices and Procedures, Customer Service (Batho Pele Principles). Skills: Rehabilitation skills, Analytical, Business Writing, Required IT, Strategic Leadership, Financial Management, Knowledge Management, Service Delivery Innovation (SDI), Planning and Organising, Problem Solving and Analysis, Decision Making, Accountability, Client Orientation and Customer Focus, Communication, Work Ethics and self-management, Risk Management and Corporate Governance, Environmental Awareness.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Diploma/ Degree in Occupational Therapy. Post Graduate Diploma in Vocational Rehabilitation will be added as an advantage. Minimum five (5) year’s relevant experience post community service.
- A proven track record in vocational rehabilitation. Registration with the HPCSA.
Company: Department of Employment and Labour
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shelly Beach, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A