Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
St Patrick’s College is located in Kokstad and is an East Griqualand country school, with a strong emphasis on the outdoors.
- Together with HOD: Academics, create the academic environment required for a successful senior school.
- Show firm evidence of leadership and management skills.
- Show evidence of ongoing personal professional development and be committed to developing teachers in the Senior School.
- Engender a healthy environment for teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the educational challenges in a Senior School environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to use IT to advance teaching and learning in the Senior School.
- Take control of the discipline portfolio in the Senior School.
- Work according to the St Patricks College Christian ethos and Governing Body policies.
- Have a love for children and an ability to interact and communicate with them.
- Together with the Director of Sport, plan the termly sport programme for the Senior School.
- Oversee the execution of staff portfolio’s, such as Pupil Leadership, Community Service and the President’s award.
- Plan the clubs programme and cultural programme for each term.
- lan and execute the event calendar, such as Honours and Awards ceremonies, Prize Givings, Easter and Christmas services and any other formal event material to the Senior school’s programme.
- Plan and execute the daily, weekly and termly plan for the Senior School.
- Plan and execute the social and fundraising events, hosted by the Senior School.
- Have a minimum of 7 years teaching experience.
- Taught at Grade 12 level for at least 5 years.
- English Home Language teaching experience would be a recommendation.
- Have a recognised Academic and Professional qualification. An Honours degree would be a recommendation.
- National Register for Sex Offenders (NRSO) compliant.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Calmness under pressure and a commitment to deadlines.
- A current SACE Registration.
- Police Clearance Certificate.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kokstad, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A