To provide support engineering skills to the Online and Mobile App IT support teams that work towards monitoring, diagnosing and remediating issues across application and infrastructure.. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town City Centre.
- Utilize problem solving skills & techniques to drive the resolution of issues
- Implement approved changes as per change control and security process
- Investigate and solve systems issues.
- Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
- Design and code programmes of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
- Plan, organize and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to areas
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of processes, technology and architecture.
- Develop technical specifications from systems specifications.
- Provide input into systems related Risk Management Strategies and risk mitigation
- Ensure systems conform to IT governance and information security requirements
- Interpret user requirements and translate into systems design.
- 3-year IT Diploma
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
- Willing to adopt a hybrid way of working (i.e. in-office and from home)
- 3-5 years E-commerce or M-commerce industry experience (Android and IOS Experience)
- Postman (JSON language, retail services are RESTful)
- Java / J2EE
- Will be required to perform standby duties on a rotational basis
- Is aware of and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape
- MySQL relational database
- Knowledge of Woolworths IT landscape, including systemic understanding of key business linkages and dependencies
- Specific analysis and development skills
- Cloud based experiences beneficial
- AWS Cloud front
- 2-5 year’s programming/analyst programming experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A