WFS has established a Connected Value Office [CVO] within the business to accelerate the delivery of the strategic agenda, ensure that there is value extraction from existing capabilities across both legacy and digital, as well as drive a shift in the ways of working to a more nimble, agile approach.
This role will work closely with both upstream inputs from executive leadership and strategic leads, as well as delivery and support stakeholders from CIO programme teams and Chief Finance Office.
The incumbent in the role will provide strategic ownership and key support in developing the ability to frame value upfront across various enterprise value chains, support the realisation of the target value across these streams and finally in sustaining the monitoring of benefits that support the enterprise scorecard and strategic ambitions.
- Ensure all stakeholders are appropriately informed and consulted on value case design, inputs and outputs, through integrating with existing forums, or establishing new where appropriate.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding and continually be aware of the strategic landscape, including problems we are trying to solve as well as growth opportunities that can be explored.
- Integrate with relevant business stakeholders to ensure that all affected parties are considered in the project.
- Define and continuously enhance a value case approach framework that can be embedded within the enterprise, and which can be used to align business stakeholders in the development of the value cases.
- Validate value opportunities during the opportunity phase and solutioning check points, that form part of the business strategy lifecycle, and provide input on the sequencing of initiatives based on potential value contribution.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of financial services business value generators across shareholders, customers and broader society, in order to define business value drivers, and associated financial and non-financial levers to be applied when identifying new opportunities.
- Design, build and present value cases for various envisaged solutions together with Business and product owners, Finance, and other stakeholders.
- Align with Business and Product owners on the value case metrics (KPIs) that will be tracked across each of the value drivers, the metric targets, the availability and source of data, and the frequency of measurement.
- Drive programme Post Investment Reviews (PIR’s) to expand and monitor ongoing value realisation, ensuring that there is sustainable value measured.
- Collaborate with Business, Product Owners and other stakeholders to define the scope of the value case associated with various envisaged solutions, which are aligned with the overall business performance targets as set by the strategic enterprise process.
- Integrate with existing reporting capabilities within the business, to coordinate and amplify the monitoring and tracking of value, including offering course correction and shifts to continuously deliver the maximum value from the enterprise capabilities.
- Drive ongoing measurement and tracking of metrics, assess against targets and develop insights which can be used to identify areas for course correction and support refinement of the value case.
- Experience or exposure to developing and managing financial services and retail industry programmes.
- A firm knowledge of aspects typical for the financial services and retail industry, with the added advantage of IT architecture and agile systems delivery.
- Experience of operating within assurance and governance processes, be it a transformation office or CFO.
- Ability to get the best outcomes from individuals and teams, through positive influence over line management
- Designing, building and presenting value cases
- Written and verbal storytelling (particularly pertaining to value) with the ability to communicate to business stakeholders, technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of the industry value chain and how transformation benefits can be delivered to enhance business or customer experience.
- Energy and passion to change and improve customer & business mindset in all levels.
- Structured problem-solving skills.
- 10+ years in supporting the commercial and or financial deliverables associated with financial products and services across retail or financial services sector with digital focus is preferred.
- Ability to collate, assimilate and analyse data sets from disparate sources to establish clear quantitative or qualitative value levers across commercial, customer, society and other lenses.
- In-depth knowledge of a financial services business value drivers and financial value levers.
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, to prioritise and multi-task.
- Advanced qualification such as Masters in Business Administration or designation such as CA, CFA, CIMA or similar is an advantage.
- Finance Bachelors or equivalent tertiary degree, including Bachelors in Business Science, Bachelors in Business Commerce or equivalent.
- Excellent leadership, networking, partnering, and management skills.
- Proven strong financial analysis and modelling abilities.
- Financial, business and value acumen.
- 5+ year’s experience in enterprise programme delivery and/ or a commercial role.
- Exposure in the delivery of technical programmes across digital transformation programmes in an agile environment.
- Experience of leading within large scale digital transformation programmes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A