As a Value Delivery Category Lead you will apply critical customer, product, buying, supplier management and Value Delivery process expertise while partnering with Category and functional teams to shape and sustainably deliver on the Foods Value Delivery targets. You will be a creator and custodian of the Foods Value Delivery capability, working across all areas of the Foods business to equip Category matrix teams to leverage Value Delivery tools and incorporate Value delivery processes into their future ways of working.
- Leverage Value Delivery processes, tools, insights, crossflow opportunities and buying experience to lead category and functional teams to surface Value Deliver opportunities within their categories.
- Providing best practise support and coaching to category matrix and functional teams in the execution and anchoring stages of the value delivery process.
- Coach buyers to lead the progression of opportunities through the Value Delivery process in order to challenge the status quo, optimally extract benefits, ensure benefits extracted are delivered as intended and sustained for investment in Price.
- Coach and equip category and functional teams to onboard, motivate and successfully integrate suppliers into the Foods Value Delivery Journey. (Strategy and ways of working – contracting, people, culture, data, systems, tools and process)
- Leverage and execute our Value Chain Partners’ expertise, experience, toolsets and methodologies, building on these to develop our Woolworths Foods Value Delivery Capability.
- Work closely with Pricing, Category and Functional teams to build and track commercial value cases, linked to category KPIs and strategy, in support of Value Delivery initiatives.
- Build capabilities of our category matrix and functional teams to leverage the Value Delivery ecosystem.
- Advance the development of Value Delivery capabilities within our Foods Business, building this critical strategic capability to position us for sustainable future growth.
- Develop and sustain mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships.
- Accountable for progressing, and reporting on, delivery against a pipeline of value opportunities proactively surfacing risks for mitigation.
- Analyse category, service, material and supplier costs to inform value delivery opportunities.
- Promote Value Chain optimisation strategies, mindset and ways of working with due regard to sustainability, risk and ethical purchasing.
- Manage, coach, develop and motivate the category matrix and functional teams to ensure that Value Delivery activities are prioritised to deliver on the Foods Value Delivery targets.
In-depth experience in and knowledge / understanding of the Foods and Value Delivery Strategy
Strong engagement skills, proven negotiator and influencer
Knowledge and understanding of value chain concepts, processes, systems and best practices
Understanding of Foods FMCG retail business processes and procurement principles ito generating sales
Demonstrated commercial acumen and financial management skills
Project leadership skills with ability to deliver to the required standards and timelines
Ability to shape creative, tactical and practical solutions to complex problems.
Strong integrator, collaborator with the ability to flex between leading teams, managing others and working as a contributor within a matrix structure.
Flexibility with ability to work productively under stress
Passionate Foodie, with a solid understanding of the Woolies’ Values
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Sciences or equivalent educational qualification
- Minimum of 5 years Retail / Buying / Supply Chain/ Value Chain Optimisation experience within a Foods FMCG business
- Proven experience in managing a Foods/FMCG category, leveraging commercial levers to sustainably grow a category (i.e. market share, sales growth, margin, ROS, COGS, availability)
- Proven raw materials sourcing and supplier management experience to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes for both Woolworths Foods and our suppliers optimal
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A