To procure a range of products to meet the business objectives of profit, excellent quality and availability, thereby driving the market share and profitability of your category.
- Give input to Category and Supplier strategies and sourcing of raw material
- Build and manage relationships with a diverse range of suppliers
- Liaise with marketing, sales management and space planning to maximise sales and promotions in stores
- Monitor and react to industry and international trends
- Give input to the planning and forecasting of products and ranges
- Drive market share and profitability of the category
- Liaise with distribution regarding Supply Chain issues
- Manage financial indicators and all expenses
- Develop and implement pricing strategies
- Strong negotiation and financial management skills.
- Proven supplier management experience.
- Proven ability to deliver the following category KPIs
- Understanding of factors influencing a product’s cost and selling prices.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong customer and retail orientation – sound business acumen; commercial awareness; good judgment; emotional resilience
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts, processes and systems.
- Strong integrator across the matrix with proven leadership skills and people management skills, as well as the ability to coach and mentor junior team members.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate and deliver the category operating plan.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with understanding of diversity
- Commercial skills and experience.
- A minimum of 6 – 8 years of Produce experience required preferably.
- Entrepreneurial – ability to initiate and implement innovative and viable business ideas and to accept accountability for the outcome
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A